On Sunday, February 26, Faith Lutheran announced the results of the Legacy of Faith… Moving Forward capital campaign. As of that date, the congregation had pledged about $675,000 toward the effort to pay our mortgage and reduce our debt. This amount is, all at the same time:
- A Half-Full Glass – the amount pledged will cover Faith’s mortgage payments for the next three years. THANK YOU to all those who made a commitment to support this vital effort.
- A Half-Empty Glass – the amount pledged is about half of what was required by Faith’s lender to receive an interest rate reduction or make a significant reduction in the mortgage principal – either of which would save the church thousands of dollars over the years.
- A Glass that Still Needs Filling – several hundred households have not yet responded to Legacy of Faith… Moving Forward, but it’s not too late to do so. A follow-up letter will be sent soon to encourage further response to the campaign.
The best news, though is that Legacy of Faith… Moving Forward is not over. It is just beginning. The previous capital campaign received significant support that was not pledged and from special gifts, like estates. It is entirely possible over the next three years for Faith to reach or even exceed the original goal of Legacy of Faith… Moving Forward.
- If you made a pledge to support this important effort, THANK YOU.
- If you did not make a pledge, but plan to support the campaign, THANK YOU.
- If you are able at any time in the next three years to help reduce the mortgage, THANK YOU.
- If you invest your time, ability and presence in Faith’s ministry, THANK YOU.
- If you will hold Faith Lutheran, its members, ministries and mission in your daily prayer, THANK YOU.
Look for further updates on Legacy of Faith… Moving Forward in the months and years to come.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Scott Grorud