Every dollar given to Faith Lutheran Church impacts our ability to serve our surrounding community and the world. Here are just a few results of generous offerings so far in 2013:
- K.K. Alavi and his son Abdul visited Faith and many other churches in April to present their ministry to Muslims in India. Through the New Hope Mission Society, Faith Lutheran is a major supporter of K.K.’s remarkable ministry.
- Faith hosted two special visitors from Ethiopia in the last year. Pastor Dawit and Pastor Belete are part of the fast-growing Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus. Through the Augustana District, Faith supports them and other mission projects in Ethiopia.
- Club 218 was inspired by a mission trip to West Virginia and named for the Bible verse James 2:18. Now in its seventh year, it is a summer day-camp for children from lower-income households, led and staffed by high school youth from several churches.
- Mission Trips are the highlight of the summer for many high school youth. This year, 90 young people and adults traveled to New Orleans to serve people in need, bond in Christian community and grow in faith.
- Three sessions of Vacation Bible School are held each summer together with Christ the King. Children hear the good news in a week filled with activities, games and songs.
- Nearly every Sunday in the summer, hundreds of people gather for outdoor worship in Library Square. Many others join in worship earlier on Sundays at the church.
- Through the Augustana District, Faith’s pastors have helped many new or struggling churches with supply preaching, consultations and ordinations.
Thank you to all the generous supporters at Faith Lutheran!